When we think about getting rid of cockroaches, the first thing that usually comes to mind is pesticide. But these synthetic pesticides do not just exterminate roaches; they also pollute the air you breathe and the environment you live in.
The best way to get rid of cockroaches is to keep your house clean, particularly your kitchen and bathroom. Here are some tips:
- First, eliminate or reduce the cockroaches’ drinking water supply. Fix leaky faucets and eliminate all sources of standing water.
- Inspect your house and look for cockroach shelters. When found, vacuum and wash the accessible areas.
- Caulk or otherwise plug all small cracks around baseboards, wall shelves or cupboards, pipes, sinks, and bathroom fixtures.
- Try boric acid. It may do a better job at controlling roaches. Boric acid is also cheaper than most commercial synthetic pesticides.
- Try repelling (not killing) roaches with a mixture of bay leaves and cucumbers.
Read more at: http://socyberty.com/lifestyle-choices/preparing-vegetarian-meals-for-your-thanksgiving-party/